Apurva Ashok - Publishing and Community Engagement at Rebus Community

Hi, everyone! I’m Apurva Ashok, and I work on Publishing and community engagement at the Rebus Community. One of the larger projects that I am currently working on at Rebus is documenting our collaborative publishing model for OER. You can take a look at the work so far at The Rebus Guide to Publishing Open Textbooks (So Far)!

A little more about me and my background: I am from Bangalore, India. I studied literature and marketing at McGill University and completed the Master of Publishing program at Simon Fraser University. My experience ranges across English Literature, publishing, media, design, and social justice.

I am passionate about making and sharing knowledge more publicly and opening up the circles of academic discourse. I strongly believe in translating knowledge among communities and regions, and in the value of greater critical thinking for all.

Outside of work, I enjoy following tennis, reading (novels and non-fiction), and conducting experimenting in cooking.

I look forward to meeting more members of the community and supporting all the different OER projects and initiatives that will take root in this space!