Call for Copyeditors, Proofreaders, Technical Editors, and Reviewers: Principles of Psychological Assessment

Dear REBUS community,

This is my first post! I am looking for help in terms of copyediting, proofreading, reviewing, and technical editing for my open access textbook, entitled “Principles of Psychological Assessment: With Applied Examples in R”. My goal is for the textbook to be useful, clear, and widely accessible. The target audience for the textbook is researchers and/or clinicians—including faculty, graduate students, and professionals in psychology/science.

Psychology and many other fields in social and medical science have a replication crisis—attempts to replicate key findings have failed. Much of the current discussion in psychology surrounding the replication crisis deals with questionable research practices. However, the field has paid insufficient attention to how lousy/noisy measures contribute to the replication crisis (Loken & Gelman, 2017). Thus, the field needs resources to improve psychological assessment. To my knowledge, this is the first open access textbook for psychological assessment. Moreover, few psychological assessment textbooks include code and output using R, which is free and open source, to improve dissemination and reproducibility.

This textbook includes practical data and analysis examples to help readers better understand the principles of psychological assessment and how to apply them. The textbook also includes exercises to help readers test their comprehension. I wrote the textbook using R and bookdown so the content (i.e., description of the principles) is seamlessly integrated with the data examples, including the analysis code, output, and summarized interpretation.

The book is located here:
https://isaactpetersen.github.io/Principles-Psychological-Assessment

Any editorial help would be greatly appreciated. Feel free to send feedback to me via this thread, email, GitHub issues/pull requests, or hypothes.is annotations.

Thanks in advance!
-Isaac

Isaac T. Petersen, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor
Department of Psychological and Brain Sciences
University of Iowa

1 Like

Incredible! I thought you are a beginner at Psychological Assessment, but from your research you gain much experience and knowledge. I have learned alot from your principles, now book marketer assistance and research is become the most important element for author due to digital marketing trends.