Call for Participation - Soil and Water Conservation

Project name: Soil and Water Conservation: An Annotated Bibliography
Subjects: Agriculture, Soil and Water Conservation, Soil Science, Environmental Science
About this project: This open textbook is an annotated bibliography that curates freely-available online content related to soil and water conservation. Cited resources include extension bulletins, government reports, technical bulletins, and more.
View Published Book click here

Roles to be filled (currently):

• Classroom Reviewers and Collaborators

Classroom Reviewer or Collaborator Requirements:

• Must be teaching a course on soil and water conservation or closely related topic in the 2020-2021, 2021-2022, or 2022-2023 school years

Planned Experiment Overview
Soil and Water Conservation: An Annotated Bibliography utilizes alternative reading materials, such as extension bulletins, government reports, and more. We would like to assemble a team of instructors who have adopted Soil and Water Conservation: An Annotated Bibliography for use in their classroom to conduct an study that assesses how use of reading assignments from that annotated bibliography influences how students perceive the credibility of these resources.

How to Participate
Contact Colby Moorberg either through a message here on the Rebus Community, or by contacting him via email.

2 Likes

I’ve edited the call for participation to reflect a new initiative related to this open annotated bibliography. Now that the book is complete, I would like to investigate one aspect that I find particularly interesting - how the use of an open annotated bibliography like this influences student perceptions of the types resources cited (extension publications, technical bulletins, government reports, etc.). I hypothesize that repeated exposure of these resources increases the perceived credibility of such resources among students. I would like to assemble a team of instructors that teach soil and water conservation and have adopted this book for use in their class to test this hypothesis across multiple institutions. If you’re interested, please get in touch.

2 Likes