Soil and Water Conservation Textbook in the News

This topic thread is for news articles and other press coverage of the Soil and Water Conservation: An Annotated Bibliography textbook. I thought it might be useful to document how this textbook is being promoted for other Rebus Community members.

Here’s an article in the K-State Today daily newsletter: Moorberg publishes open textbook on soil and water conservation. The target audience for this story was the greater Kansas State University community, including students.

1 Like

Here’s a K-State Research and Extension (KSRE) Agronomy Extension E-Update: Free online book on soil and water conservation resources now available. The target audience for this article is farmers, ranchers, extension agents, agronomy consultants, and other conservation practitioners.

1 Like

I also created a page for the textbook on goodreads.com. I don’t know if textbooks get much traffic on that site. However, I thought it might be a way to interact with readers to some extent, as well as get feedback on the textbook.

1 Like

This is awesome! I’ll share some of these in this week’s newsletter.

1 Like

I’m not sure, but that’s a great idea! It’ll be good to hear what kind of engagement you get on the Goodreads site. Let us know!

1 Like

I published a case study in Natural Sciences Education on developing Soil and Water Conservation: An Annotated Bibliography. The case study can be found here: https://doi.org/10.1002/nse2.20014.

1 Like

This is fantastic — thanks for sharing a link!