Soil and Water Conservation: Check-in

Hi Colby @moorberg, hope you are doing well!

I just wanted to check-in with you and see how you are finding your new project home. Do you have any questions, or require any assistance as you get set up?

I wanted to note that if you have more details about your project that you’d like to share, you can update the About topic with a longer, more detailed project summary. Take a look at our template and a completed example.

Hoping too that your call for participation has been well-received!

Let us know if you’d like us to share any more calls for your project soon. Until then, we look forward to seeing the team grow (no pun intended :smiley: )!

@apurva, thanks for checking in. It has gone well! So far I have 22 contributors signed up. I can’t really tell how many came from the Rebus post versus coming from my Twitter campaign. Most people seem to be from within my discipline.

I have added more detail to the “about” page, but I’ll add more soon following your template.

One thing I was wondering about is how Rebus Press works. I can develop and format the textbook through PressbooksEdu through K-State. However, I wanted to see if Rebus Press was an option too. I think that’s the only question I have now. Thanks!

22 contributors so far is excellent – congrats! Finding collaborators who are subject experts/within the same discipline is not an easy feat, but it looks like you are off to a good start. :smiley: You’ve already set up some good pathways in this project to get folks engaged, and I look forward to meeting more of the team as they start introducing themselves here or once you get going with the project.

Sounds good about the template – I think your edits are fairly comprehensive already, but you can take a look if there’s anything more to include. Perhaps once you have your team set up, you can review things like the ‘Measures of Success.’

As for the Rebus Press: in terms of features, the Rebus Press is a PressbooksEDU instance and has access to similar features and tools that the K-State PressbooksEDU instance would have. We have been able to offer access to a set of projects to date, but as we open up more we are reviewing how this will work in future. We will keep you posted!

Hope you also keep us in the loop about how you get along. We’re always happy to support you and the team! :smiley:

Hi Colby.

I just saw this post! So excited that you’re starting to see contributors coming in. I wanted to take this opportunity to share the Engagement Guide from the Rebus Guide to Publishing Open Textbooks (So Far). It might help as you move forward with managing your team.

1 Like