ESL Textbook Using Greek Mythology

Please fill out this template to give us the information we need to create your project’s dedicated discussion space. If you are unable to fill in some of the fields, that’s okay. But please indicate why.

Project Title: It’s All Greek to Me! Using Authentic Readings to Improve Knowledge of the English Language and Western Culture
Lead editor/author(s): Charity Davenport (me)
License: CC-BY-NC-SA
Subject: Advanced ESL
Description (100 words max): “It’s All Greek to Me!” has everything—entertaining stories, academic articles in a variety of disciplines, vocabulary crossover in literary and academic readings, connections to local, American, and Western culture, and plenty of chances for critical thinking for advanced students of English as a Second Language (ESL). All readings are authentic with minimal adaptation from a variety of sources.

Hi Charity, thanks for sharing the details about this unique approach to teaching ESL! We’re excited to help support the work on this project.

You’re all set! Your dedicated discussion space can be found here: https://forum.rebus.community/c/open-textbooks-in-development/it-s-all-greek-to-me.

Please check your Direct Messages for additional instructions. And if you need help, post a question in “Help and Questions.”

1 Like