How do I submit my edited version?

Re: Project Summary: The Open Anthology of Earlier American Literature
Hello community,
Anyone know how to update our submissions on the spreadsheet? I have revised and added excerpts. Thanks!

@patwest223 Hi Patricia! Could you please send along any revisions via email to apurva@rebus.foundation? We’re on the verge of putting together first edition of the anthology to release in a couple of weeks (exciting!), but could possibly include the updates and revisions to your sections prior to the launch. Thanks!

@apurva Yes, I will. This is very helpful! Good to see that the project is advancing. Thanks!

@patwest223 Glad to hear it! Will keep an eye out for an email from you. We’ll send out a notice to all the contributors soon with a more detailed update, and of course, an expression of thanks for contributing to the project!

Hi! I am also looking to edit the author bio for Sui Sin Far that I wrote for the Open Anthology of Earlier American Literature many years ago. I would like to update my 2015 submission with more recent scholarahip and fix a couple of information errors. Just curious if anyone can help me with that?

Hi Colleen! Nice to hear from you. Have you been in touch with Tim Robbins (website, Twitter) about these changes? He should be able to help you - both to review the updates and upload them to the book on the Rebus Press.

We can help update the chapter in the book, but would want Tim’s ok as the editor of the anthology!

1 Like

Oh, thanks so much! I emailed the Rebus community, and I emailed Tim Robbins at a university email (which I honestly don’t know if it’s his correct email). This is really helpful! I will try to work on editing the content during fall and will contact Tim. My entry was written before a cache of archival materials on Sui Sin Far (discovered by Mary Chapman and published as a book) really changed the understanding of Far’s oeuvre. A professor recently asked me to edit the entry in order to bring the section up to date, which makes complete sense!

1 Like

Hope you hear from him soon! Makes sense about the change — we’re excited that contributors are finding it so easy to make updates to OER based on new research from the field. Let us know how you and Tim get on!

Hi! Thank you for reaching out! I plan on editing in the next month. School just started for me, so I became a little overwhelmed with work. However, I do plan on rewriting the bio in the next few weeks, and I will reach out to Tim when I have a draft and am essentially ready with the update. (I am currently revising an article featuring Sui Sin Far that’s due soon, so I will use my research for the bio update.)

No problem, thanks for the update! Good luck with the new semester — hope you ease in to things so it’s not too overwhelming for too long. :crossed_fingers:t5:

Hello, Apurva!

I did reach out to Tim Robbins via his university email a month or two ago about editing the Open Anthology of Earlier American Literature and didn’t hear back. I emailed him again recently in hopes of a response. However, I also decided to email you! I have written a new Edith Maude Eation bio and would love for this new bio to replace the current (older) bio. I am attaching the new author bio to this email. Let me know how to proceed and if editing the anthology is a possibility. Thank you in advance!

Colleen

Edith Maude Eation_Sui Sin Far introduction (2).pdf (55.4 KB)

Thanks, Colleen! We’ll try to get in touch with Tim and get back to you soon — if you don’t hear from us early next month, please ping us again so this request doesn’t get lost in the new year shuffle :slight_smile: