Introduction - Debra P. Holmes - Theatre

Hi Community!

I have been teaching Introduction to Theatre for a few years now and do not care for any of the commercial books available. I like parts of most of the books. Creating a Intro to Theatre text seems the logical next step.

I am an Assistant Professor and Technical Director at Fort Hays State University in Hays, Kansas.

Debra

@dpholmes Hi Debra, welcome to the Rebus Community! I’m pleased to hear that you’re interested in creating an Intro to Theatre open textbook. We’ve heard and seen people dabbling in creating OER for Literature, so it’s great to see some interest in other areas! :slight_smile: If you haven’t already, please take a look at our instructions here for starting a new project: https://forum.rebus.community/topic/1334/how-to-start-a-project.

Hi Debra, hope you’re doing well. I’ve noticed a few Theatre OERs making the rounds today, so thought to share them with you in case you didn’t already know of these:

If you are still keen to create your own Intro to Theatre OER, you can go ahead and start a project right here! I’ve linked to the simple steps above, and would be excited to see you and others in the community collaborating on this type of project. :slight_smile:

Hi Apurva,

Thank you for sending this along! I’m not sure what my summer writing plans are as of this moment, but am very glad for this community!

It’s a little funny, the writer of the lighting chapter in Theatrical Worlds and I went to grad school together. So cool to see her name!

Thank you, again!

Debra

You’re welcome! No worries at all – it can be hard to gauge what projects to take on in the summer when some may still be winding down currently. We’re always around if you decide to pursue this, so keep us posted.

That’s so nice – it’s a small world! She could be a great person to reconnect with and possibly partner with if you do decide to write your own OER. :slight_smile: