Monthly Check-In February 2022 (June 2021 Cohort)

Hello, @june21-cohort! I hope you all are doing well. I really enjoyed meeting with each team individually last month and getting to hear a bit more detail about how things are progressing with your projects. And everyone is making great progress! I just want to remind you all that our February check-in meeting will be a week from today (February 15 at 1 p.m. Eastern on Zoom) with the whole cohort. We’ll alternate back to individual meetings for March.

If you haven’t already, please go back to our January check-in thread and share your most recent set of project goals. Depending on how late in month your January meeting with me was, your goals may be a bit more modest. Please let me know if you have any questions. I look forward to seeing you all. Take care!

1 Like

I’m having some trouble getting into the meeting - I’ve tried a few things but it tells me that the meeting ID is invalid. Is anyone else having trouble? Thanks, and apologies for the tech difficulities.

For the next month

1. Review group feedback on our assigned chapters
  2. Prepare for peer review feedback
  3. Share expectations with peer reviewers for the feedback process
1 Like

Hello, @june21-cohort! Thanks for a great meeting last week. I appreciated hearing about the progress you’re making and the challenges you’re facing. Here’s the link to the Zoom Chat Transcript.

Next month, we’ll be going back to individual 15-minute meetings like we did in January. Please use this calendar to sign up for a time slot. You’ll notice that the signup form asks you to include some information about questions you have and challenges you’re facing. This will help me to better prepare for our meetings and hopefully help us to stick to our 15-minute slots. As a reminder, if you haven’t already, please include you goals for next month below in this thread. If you have any questions in the meantime, please include them here in the forum. Thanks!

1 Like

Thanks for the great meeting today Bryan!
My goals for this month are:

1. Finalize partnership with LEARN Quebec for Graphic Design & other feedback
  2. Bring in new Google Slide presentations for each student-facing chapter
  3. Bring on new teacher to the team to replace Lisa Trotto
2 Likes

Goals for March

1. make note of what we’re learning as we use the resources we’ve created thus far
  2. re-assign work based on staff changes
  3. create a plan for summer when we will have more time to update and expand the OER
1 Like

Goals for March

Focus on new chapter development
Create more Figures
Share 2 chapters with students for feedback
Generate more end of chapter problems
Review chapters from collaborator

1 Like

Thank you, @JessieC! I hope you were able to get LEARN Quebec to chip in for graphic design. And hopefully all is well with your travel to Yellowknife!

1 Like

Hello, @june21-cohort! It was great meeting with you this month. Hopefully you found our meetings helpful. If you haven’t already, please share your current goals in this thread. Thanks to all who have done so already. If you didn’t schedule a meeting with me this month and would still like to, let me know. Otherwise, please share an update here in the discussion space. I think we’re going to try the individual meetings again next month, so be on the lookout for more information about scheduling those meetings soon. As always, if you have questions, please feel free to ask them here. I hope you all are doing well!