Notice of Facilitator Change

Hi @may24c-cohort — I hope everyone is having a good week so far. I’m Apurva, Executive Director at Rebus, and am popping into your thread to notify you all of a small change. Esperanza Zenon is unfortunately stepping away from the facilitator role due to personal reasons. Natasha (Tasha) Whitton (@whittonn) will be supporting all of you as your new TSP facilitator, and I hope you can all extend a warm welcome when you meet her tomorrow! We emphasize the importance of individual wellbeing over work, and we hope that you can all extend your best wishes to Esperanza. She will be cheering you on from afar!

Tasha is an interdisciplinary scholar who currently serves as an Associate Professor in the Department of English and Humanities at Baton Rouge Community College. After majoring in biology as an undergraduate, she went on to earn an M.A. in American and British Literature and a Ph.D. in Modern History and Literature. Her first experience with writing textbooks was in the area of composition. She collaborated on several custom writing handbooks and combined reader and rhetorics with faculty. More recently, she worked on a team to create both an open textbook and course for Western Civilization, particularly for dual enrollment students. In addition to being committed to OER as a tool to increase the accessibility of education, she has served as a faculty fellow for the Great Questions Foundation on revamping general education courses, and as a ChangeMaker with the Baton Rouge Alliance for Students.

Tasha is also working with the May 2024 A TSP cohort and brings a wealth of experience from her own collaborative OER creation work with LOUIS. We have no doubt that you are in great hands with Tasha! :smiley:

1 Like