Phase 2 - January Group Check-In (C-Cohort)

Thank you, @oct22-c-cohort , for attending our session today! It was great to see you all, and I hope your spring semesters are off to a fantastic start!

There were several resources shared in today’s session. Feel free to access these over the course of the next month as needed. And always know that you can reach out to me if you can’t find the answer you’re looking for. I will try to find that for you.

If you missed our session or just want to go back and review anything, here are some resources that Emily shared:

• IMLS Milestones 2023 2: This document includes the milestones for your OER textbook and Moodle course development. We’ll use these markers to help with monthly goals and check-ins.
  • LOUIS OER Project material on Google Drive, including a link to the recordings (hint: add shortcut to your drive for easier access)

Other resources from Rebus that you may find helpful:

Session 7: Content Creation: This handout offers guidance on OER outlining and chapter structure.

Plan OER Structure Template: You can use this template to get started on planning the different elements of a typical chapter in your OER textbook. Supplement with Canvas: Textbook Elements.

Rebus TSP Lessons: 1-12: This folder includes the entirety of the TSP lessons. Some may want to revisit other session materials, especially: 2. Project Scoping, 3. Storytelling, 6. Accessibility and Inclusive Design.

Content Design Examples—spreadsheet with quick access to examples of some pedagogical devices you might to include in your chapters.

Finally, I look forward to our next month’s 1-on-1 session. Use this spreadsheet to please sign up for a 20-minute time slot. It’s okay if not everyone can attend so long as your team has some representation. If you need to make changes on the time, there’s some wiggle room in there. Also, if your team cannot meet on our designated day, that’s okay, too. I can make an alternative day/set of options for you. Just let me know. :smiley:

I know the coming month will be busy. Please reach out anytime through email (alminervini@lcsc.edu) or via the Rebus forum (reply to this thread or DM me) if you have any questions.

Take care!

1 Like