Phase Two Session Two Cohort Meeting 10/16 UPDATE

@june24-cohort I am so excited to catch up with you all at our first phase two cohort meeting. I just returned from the Open Ed 2024 conference where I was able to meet with Nancy and Annika in person. You’re fortunate to have such great support with your M.O.S.T. grants.

I really enjoyed checking in with you in our 1:1 meetings last month and am excited to see your updates. As a reminder, in Phase 2, we meet just once a month, alternating between 1:1 meetings and cohort meetings.

Wednesday, October 16 turned out to be a difficult day for most of us. I know it can be hard to make time for these meetings, but it’s important for us to connect monthly during Phase 2. To accommodate some last minute conflicts, I’d like to reconvene our meeting on Wednesday, October 23 from 11:30 am-1:00 pm. I’ve requested an update to our calendar, and I will also resend the Zoom link by email so it’s at the top of your inbox. At this meeting, I’d like to follow this agenda (based on your survey responses in Phase 1):

1. Give project updates
  2. Review Phase 1 survey results
  3. Discuss benefits and drawbacks of publishing platforms with a goal to decide on a publishing platform by our November 1:1 meeting. I created a Google Sheet that provides information on the most popular OER publishing platforms. If you’ve already decided on your platform, you don’t need to look this over, but if you have not yet decided, this should be a useful tool for you. I also created a Google Sheet that includes popular interactive tools. This is something I’d like to work with as a cohort in our group meeting. If you have experience with one or more of these tools, I’d love it if you could share in our meeting. We’ll also consider why, when, and where we might want to include interactive or multimedia content.
  4. Review accessibility considerations and ancillary resources as you draft your chapters.

If there’s anything else you’d like to discusss at our meeting, please let me know!

As a reminder, in Phase 2, we are focusing on drafting your content. We should be close to completing a sample chapter and author guide template (if you have not already done this).

See you all next Wednesday!

1 Like