Phase 2 / Session 5: full cohort meeting

Hi @may23cohort! Thanks for meeting with me over the last few days, I feel like all of the meetings were truly connected with what each of you need at this time in your projects. Team leaders: don’t forget to write a short recap of what we discussed - this keeps all in the cohort in the loop. Would you post this on the thread for Phase 2 Session 2? Thanks!

As I mentioned with each of teams, I have a teaching conflict this next semester - on Tuesday, I teach until 1:15pm MST (and our meetings have been at 1:00pm MST). We will be pushing back our meeting time to 1:30pm MST (that is 12:30pm PST, and 3:30pm EST).

Our next meeting will be on Tuesday, January 23rd. Since all of you are interested in learning about different platforms, that is what we will be discussing. Are there any that you are particularly interested in? Are there any that you could share your expertise with the cohort?

I hope that you all have time over the next few weeks to reflect on this year and recharge for the upcoming year.

Becca

Hi Becca and everyone,

I think I’d like to learn more about Pressbooks, as it is the tool we are using, and I am also happy to share a little bit Open Author (OA) if everyone’s interested. I personally like OA because working with it is very straightforward and it is, most importantly, “open.”

Thank you for everything! I wish you a great holiday season and a wonderful new year!

Best,
Seyed

1 Like

Thank you Seyed, I would LOVE if you could talk a little about this platform, I will follow up with you a couple of weeks before our meeting.

Becca

1 Like

Of course, I am happy to! Sounds like a plan! :slight_smile:

Happy Holidays!
Seyed

1 Like

Good Morning, @may23cohort! We are meeting later this afternoon, and will be evaluating and looking at examples of four different types of OER publishing platforms, but also at licensing. The Zoom link is in my calendar, but here it is as well: Launch Meeting - Zoom

Excited to hear what’s been happening.

Becca

1 Like

@may23cohort I wanted to pass on this event that might be of interest to some of you, especially as you’ve been having conversations about licensing: Open Office Hours with CC's Legal Team - Creative Commons. It looks like the next open office hours is this Friday and may be a good way to slowly build a relationship with folx at Creative Commons and/or get some suggestions from their legal team.