Phase two - first individual meetings with each team

Hey @may23cohort! I hope that you are doing well, and that what you have set forth for yourselves to work on over the last few weeks has been working well for you.

I’m reaching out to you now to establish when we are meeting during the week of October 30th-November 3rd. Below are times that I have available that week - I will be meeting for about 15-30 minutes with each team separately.

Tuesday, October 31st - 12pm-5pm EST (9am-2pm PST)
Wednesday, November 1st - 3:30pm-5:30pm EST (12:30pm-2:30pm PST)
Thursday, November 2nd - 11am-2pm EST (8am-11am PST)

@minellmr - Mark, would you check with your team and respond to this thread with a time that will work?
@rbeinart - Roxanne, would you check with your team and do the same?
@kundas - Sue, would you also check with your team and let me know?

WHAT TO EXPECT DURING THIS MEETING? That is up to you! When you respond back to me about the day/time of our meeting, let me know what would be most helpful for us to spend time on. A deeper dive into a topic covered during the first 12 weeks? Getting feedback from about a planning document or the author’s guide or …? Talking about team dynamics and moving forward? All of these are things that I would like help you with, just let me know.

1 Like

Hi, Becca. Could we meet at 10:00 PST on November 2nd?

1 Like

Hi Sue - that sounds good to me, thanks for getting back to me. Would you let me know if there is something in particular that you all would like to discuss before our meeting? I will follow up the Monday before our meeting with you. I hope you are well! Becca

@minellmr and @rbeinart - Mark and Roxanne, any updates?

I’m still waiting to hear back. Will get back to you shortly.

1 Like

We don’t really have anything pressing that we want to discuss. We pulled back a bit on our expectations, and for right now, Paula is just going to write. We have a “sandbox” Pressbooks instance we can practice on, but I think most of us are holding off on doing anything elaborate until Paula’s further along in creating content.

Best,
Sue

1 Like

Thanks for the update, Sue. I have a few things in mind for our session.

@rsibrian sorry for the delay. If it’s still open, could my team have the Oct.31 at noon spot?

Thanks for getting back to me! If you mean 12 EST, then yes, that will work for me.

Are you thinking about anything in particular that I can help you with? Are there any examples that you would like to see? Do you need help with any of the forms that we worked with throughout the sessions? Let me know if you can think of anything, otherwise, I might just focus in on the work that you have already put in with the organization of your project and help you expand on that.

yes I meant ET!

Our next step is the Author Guide, so maybe it’s worth focusing on that? Happy to talk through other ideas too though.

@rsibrian is there a zoom link for this meeting tomorrow?

@rbeinart That is perfect, I will focus in on that and offer in help or answer any questions.

@may23cohort Here is my personal meeting room for Zoom - where I will meet all week with folks: Launch Meeting - Zoom

I can meet today in the afternoon, if you still have availability, Becca. My teammates attendance is still tbd, but we can go ahead.

@minellmr thanks for getting back to me, Mark. I would really like to have a few more folks present. Could we schedule maybe for Thursday afternoon instead? I could meet with you until about 4:00 your time. Let me know what you think!

Stephanie is on board for today as well. Thanks!

What time are you thinking for today? @minellmr

We both have open afternoons so whatever is convenient for you is fine. Thanks!

Before 4 would be ideal for me.

@minellmr let’s meet at 3:30 your time, it should only last about 15-20 minutes. Here is my meeting room link: Launch Meeting - Zoom

Is there anything that you would like to discuss? I will be checking in with the documents that you all have completed - you can find those at the TSP google drive.

@rsibrian Perfect thanks! I’m always curious about accessibility features within platforms. Specifically, tables in Pressbooks and H5P activities. See you then!