Scholarly Communications and Copyright Librarian, K-State Libraries

The library for my institution, Kansas State University, is advertising a position as " Scholarly Communications and Copyright Librarian". The job description and application information can be seen here. This is a tenure-track faculty position.

The librarian currently in that position is fantastic and will soon be retired. She is my main point of contact for publishing my textbooks through New Prairie Press, K-State’s open textbook publishing company. She’s also my main point of contact for K-State’s highly successful Open/Alternative Textbook Initiative. As a regular faculty member trying to figure out how to develop OER for my courses and students, I see this as a critical position. It seems the library agrees, given that this position was allowed to be posted prior to the current position holder’s retirement (a rarity at K-State). Please apply, or spread the word if you know somebody who would be a great candidate.

Feel free to ask me any questions about K-State, Manhattan, or anything else I might be able to answer.

2 Likes