Session 12 Curriculum Wrap Up Recap

Key Links

• Chat Transcript
  • Slide Deck
  • TSP Survey: Phase 1
  • Phase 2 Goals and Timeline Folders with Templates (this is where your Phase 2 Goal Template that we will use for our June 2 meeting is saved)
  • Rebus Community Forum
  • Curriculum Hub
    Congratulations, everybody! We have accomplished a major milestone in TSP. This is week 12 and with that, we have completed Phase 1! We hope that as we worked through our intensive sessions in the last 12 weeks with you, the curriculum has helped you gain clarity on what open publishing entails and all the innovative possibilities it holds for your teaching practice. That being said, there’s still plenty to explore and learn over the coming 9 months as a community of practice, as we move into Phase 2 of the program.

In this session, we revisited the key takeaways of TSP Phase 1, created spaces for reflection, clarified expectations for Phase 2, and did some goal setting work. As a reminder, please post your DEI image to this forum: Final Phase 1 Reflection Activity

The first part of our session was dedicated to wrapping up Phase 1. I provided a brief recap of the past 12 weeks, before I asked everyone to complete an evaluation. If you missed the session or did not have time to complete the survey, please submit your feedback with the survey link below [10-15 min]:

Feb 22 NY Cohort Survey

In the second part of our session, we looked ahead to Phase 2 of the Textbook Success Program and discussed the following items (alternating between brief input from me and activities done by the participants):

• I shared what to expect from our monthly sessions going forward and asked everybody present to agree to the expectations (See Slide 12 in our slide deck).
  • I layed out how we can stay in touch asynchronously in between meetings (See Slide 13)
  • The teams started discussing their project-specific goals for Phase 2 and consolidated their project timelines. Access our cohort folder for the template guiding this activity: Feb 22 NY Cohort
  • We did a final reflection activity where we asked cohort members to reflect on their DEI learning in the program, and upload an image that best represents this in the forum. If you were absent, please complete this activity as outlined in the handout.

To prepare for our first cohort meeting in Phase 2, please consult the session handout and do the suggested homework activities.

It’s been wonderful working with you in the last 12 works and l look forward to supporting you going forward as well. Please note that our next session will happen on Thursday, June 2, 2022.

Be well, and best of luck as you finish up your semester and prepare for commencement! Please feel free to create your own topics in the forum and tag me @lizalong if you have any questions or need help.