Session 12: Wrap-up

Hey @may23cohort, can you believe that tomorrow is our last session? I have truly enjoyed everything about this opportunity and am looking forward to the next phase - meeting once per month either as a cohort or individually. Think of the next phase as setting the knowledge into motion and accountability.

We will be wrapping up the curriculum and reflecting on the process, as well as previewing our Phase 2 monthly meetings.

The slides and handout are available for you to look at prior to the session, if you would like.

For the reflection activity, I’ll explain more during the session, but here are the instructions (and you’re certainly free to post those in between now and then, too):

Please find a picture that helps you articulate your learning experience around DEI in Phase 1. Post the picture to this thread (Session 12) in the Rebus Forum.

Instructions:

1. Visit one of the suggested image repositories:
  1. Find and download a picture that represents your learning experience around DEI in Phase 1.
  2. Upload the picture as a reply to this Session 12 thread on the Rebus Forum.
  3. Add a title and a brief description that tells us why you chose that image.
  4. Review others’ posts and comment if you feel compelled.

See you all tomorrow!
Becca

Here’s my addition - I LOVE HOW this all fits and complements each other, like the ingredients in salsa or a pasta sauce, or all the different veggies that I love. And every time I encounter these ideas, it’s like becoming acquainted with new ingredients.

TITLE (for me): Ingredients for success

photo credit: Photo by Vanessa Loring: https://www.pexels.com/photo/fresh-vegetables-on-brown-surface-5966431/

Congratulations everybody! We have now hit a major milestone in TSP: this is week 12 and with that, we have completed Phase 1! We hope that as we worked through our intensive sessions in the last 12 weeks with you, the curriculum has helped you gain clarity on what open publishing entails and all the innovative possibilities it holds for your teaching practice. That being said, there’s still plenty to explore and learn over the coming 9 months as a community of practice, as we move into Phase 2 of the program.

This session saw us do a few different things. We revisited the key takeaways of TSP Phase 1, created spaces for reflection, clarified expectations for Phase 2, and did some goal setting work.

The first part of our session was dedicated to wrapping up Phase 1. I provided a brief recap of the past 12 weeks, before I asked everyone to complete an evaluation. Those of you, who missed the session, please kindly submit your feedback with the respective cohort survey below [10-15 min]:

TSP - May 23 Cohort survey

In the second part of our session, we looked ahead to Phase 2 of the Textbook Success Program and discussed the following items (alternating between brief input from me and activities done by the participants):

• I shared what to expect from our monthly sessions going forward and asked everybody present to agree to the expectations (See Slide 12 in our slide deck).
  • I layed out how we can stay in touch asynchronously in between meetings (See Slide 13)
  • The teams started discussing their project-specific goals for Phase 2 and consolidated their project timelines.
  • WE DID NOT GET TO THIS DURING THE SESSION, SO WOULD YOU…go to the original post above and read the direction for the final reflection?

To prepare for our first cohort meeting in Phase 2, please consult the session handout and do the suggested homework activities.

It’s been wonderful working with you in the last 12 works and l look forward to supporting you going forward as well.

Please note that our next session is tentatively scheduled for September 26th, 3-4:30 EST. Here is the link the question about this day/time in this forum - will this work for us??

Reach out if you need to!
Becca

So I’ve been thinking about this a lot and what I’ve landed on is the idea of the butterfly effect. The idea that even the small changes we make in what we are designing can have an impact even beyond the original work that we do.

2724591849_618e9fd78c_w

“the other butterfly effect” by rhett maxwell is licensed under CC BY 2.0.

1 Like

I love this so much, thanks for sharing!