Session 12 Recap

Key Links

Congratulations everybody! We have now hit a major milestone in TSP: this is week 12 and with that, we have completed Phase 1! We hope that as we worked through our intensive sessions in the last 12 weeks with you, the curriculum has helped you gain clarity on what open publishing entails and all the innovative possibilities it holds for your teaching practice. That being said, there’s still plenty to explore and learn over the coming 9 months as a community of practice, as we move into Phase 2 of the program.

This session saw us do a few different things. We revisited the key takeaways of TSP Phase 1, created spaces for reflection, clarified expectations for Phase 2, and did some goal setting work.

The first part of our session was dedicated to wrapping up Phase 1. I provided a brief recap of the past 12 weeks, before I asked everyone to complete an evaluation. Those of you, who missed the session, please kindly submit your feedback with the respective cohort survey below [10-15 min]:

In the second part of our session, we looked ahead to Phase 2 of the Textbook Success Program and discussed the following items (alternating between brief input from me and activities done by the participants):

• I shared what to expect from our monthly sessions going forward and asked everybody present to agree to the expectations (See Slide 12 in our slide deck).
  • I layed out how we can stay in touch asynchronously in between meetings (See Slide 13)
  • The teams started discussing their project-specific goals for Phase 2 and consolidated their project timelines.
  • We did a final reflection activity where we asked cohort members to reflect on their DEI learning in the program, and upload an image that best represents this in the forum. If you were absent, please complete this activity as outlined in the handout.

To prepare for our first cohort meeting in Phase 2, please consult the session handout and do the suggested homework activities.

It’s been wonderful working with you for the last 12 weeks, and l look forward to supporting you going forward. Please take the Doodle poll above if you have not already done so, and watch for a calendar invitation from Kaitlin at Rebus.

Making a Rainbow
I chose a picture of a chalk rainbow on asphalt. When we create an OER, we are building a road to equitable and accessible education for everyone. The image may change as we learn and grow through the process of expanding our open pedagogical practices.

Photo by Alex Jackman on Unsplash

I chose this photo because it reminds me that the diversity of our project goes hand in hand with my goals.
Photo by Womanizer Toys on Unsplash

1 Like

Wisdom
As we get older life becomes simple and stereotypes fall away. Life experience allows one look at life and others as fellow human beings and not categorize.

Photo by Burcu Elmas: https://www.pexels.com/photo/rear-view-on-elderly-couple-10210454/

1 Like
https://unsplash.com/photos/8oB43mw658c

Together we are Stronger

I chose this image because I really like the way the OER community is a collaborative space. Each unique and diverse experience is a strength for the whole community.

27623264486_115c435657_w

1 Like

For All
Everyone deserves to be educated if they choose. This project is a step towards achieving that goal.

Photo by Jon Tyson on Unsplash

1 Like

“Dance Workshop Facilitated by Dance>Detour” by AUCD is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 2.0.

A Wheel by Another Name
I chose this image because I see the wheel of a wheel chair being used in another way. I see people supporting each other. I see a diverse people coming together. All of these things- adapting, supporting others, and inclusing all people are all a part of the things I value you through this project.

2 Likes

Welcome, @edurham!
I hope you enjoy the space!

Thanks so much! It is great to practice using the forum

Short term goal over the next month- administer student survay regarding content and professional development needs

Long Term goal- integrate outcomes in developing OER case studies

My goal for the next month and this semester is to polish the activities we are creating and eliminate glitches in some resources and platforms (Google, Genial.ly, Canvas, etc).
I also need to contact to potential reviewers.
And design the feedback questions from students as users.

My goal for this month is to explore the google sites tools and watch tutorials on how to build the kind of site I would like.

My goal for the semester is to finish “evergreening” the course materials and add them to the site.