Team Meet & Greet - CGRG 2013 Human Geography

Welcome to CGRG 2013 Human Geography!

Please use the Storytelling & Communications Template introduced in Session 3 to tell us about yourself, why you’re interested in this project, and get to know your fellow team members.

Hello everyone. Sorry for my late introductory post. I will try to use the Storytelling and Communications template:
My name is Neusa McWilliams, I have been teaching various geography courses for the last 20 years and in the last 5 years I transitioned to remote online courses, some of which are dual enrollment

Over the years my classes have included a wide diverse student population, primarily on my online asynchronous classes. Often times these students are young middle school students and early high-school students, as colleges continue their efforts to widen their student population by offering AP and college-level classes to local school districts.

I am interested in developing fully inclusive and relevant resources that are very interactive and hands on to teach students with various learning styles and needs. Some of the resources I would love to help develop are interactive mapping activities, perhaps activities in Virtual Reality or Eon XR and videos to take students on virtual field trips, games and other interactive activities as well as discussion topics

Online classes are able to reach students from diverse backgrounds so I would like to include as many perspectives as possible in the development of these materials

Hello all,

I am Kayla Siddell and I will be the Library Facilitator for Human Geography.

I am currently the Associate Library Director at Xavier University of Louisiana. Last year, I worked with the Sociology cohort. I look forward to working with a new group of faculty, a new discipline, and helping students utilize free open educational resources.

Thanks!