Team Meet & Greet: The Holocaust: Remembrance, Respect, and Resilience

Welcome to Understanding the Holocaust: Remembrance, Respect, and Resilience!

Take a moment to tell us about yourself, why you’re interested in this project, and get to know your fellow team members. We look forward to working with you on this exciting project.

Welcome to Rebus leader Leigh Kinch-Pedrosa! We continue to meet with Feb2020 cohort on Wednesdays at 9am, and then meet as a PSU team thereafter (at 10:30). Please review first draft of project summary (in O365 team space, PSU), which responds to last Rebus session on project framing and scope. March 11 we will discuss Marketing and Communications, helping us sustain the project.

2 Likes

Rebus cohort syllabus

Zoom meeting (March 11 and each Wednesday at 9am)

Hi!

I’m following, not a contributor or author yet, but stopping in to see if this is the right place for me to contribute.

I hold a Ph.D. in German Studies, and my research is primarily on German film (and from other countries) about the Holocaust. I teach college level German languages courses, film courses (with emphasis on Holocaust representation and memory or memory 'blind spots") and I have taught Holocaust courses with emphasis on the arts (art, literature, poetry, and film) by victims as well as survivors, including children or those who were children at the time, and sometimes bystanders.

I have an OER creator digital badge from COERRL, which is focused on OER for language learning. you can view that here: http://community.coerll.utexas.edu/. I have dabbled with Pressbooks, but due to funding limitations, I haven’t developed a book yet. I have made the beginning stages of a workbook using Google docs, but plan to revise it into Pressbooks one day, if I can secure the funding to support it.

If you’re looking for more contributors or authors, let me know?

Hello Delene (if I may)
How nice to hear from you and know of your interest in our project.
We are working on our Call for Participants and hope to have it out very soon.
We will be asking for writing samples and abstracts from those interested in contributing content. We are very interested in artistic representation created during and after the Holocaust, and would be curious about your research on ‘blind spots.’
Let’s stay in touch as our project develops.
thank you,
Suki

Suki John PhD Co-Editor, emphasis on the Arts

1 Like

Welcome to our Co-Editor Suki John PhD @s.john who is energizing our project as Co-Editor, bringing the text an important emphasis on the Arts. Dr. John is a Professor in the College of Fine Arts, a choreographer, and a scholar, teaching Dance at Texas Christian University.

1 Like

Thanks Dr. Delene White @dwhite! I hope you received and saw our #cfp in this Rebus discussion… please let us know your strengths and interests in any roles you choose, perhaps as a writer and/or editor.