FINAL Monthly Check-In May 2022 (June 2021 Cohort)

Hello, @june21-cohort!

It’s hard to believe it, but our final check-in meeting is this month. You’ve all made so much progress over this last year, and our final session is an opportunity to celebrate that. Our session is currently scheduled for Tuesday, May 17 from 1-2:30 p.m. Eastern; however, I recognize that our regularly scheduled time might not work the best for everyone. I’d like to see as many of you at our last session as possible, so I’m providing a few additional options beyond our regularly scheduled time. Please indicate your availability on this poll, and I’ll try to pick a time that works for as many of us as possible. My schedule fairly packed over the next few weeks, so (unfortunately) there aren’t more options. But hopefully this little bit of extra flexibility will help us to land on a time that works for most (if not all of us). Please fill out the poll ASAP since some of the options are next week. Let me know if you have any questions. More info to come! Thanks!

Take care,
Bryan

1 Like

Hello, @june21-cohort! Thank you all for filling out the poll. Based on your responses, it looks like our regularly scheduled time is the one that works for the most people, so we’ll keep that time as originally planned. For anyone who is unable to attend, I’d like to ask you to please share some of your achievements in a short summary here in the forum and include a screenshot(s) of your OER for everybody to see. It’s totally fine if your project isn’t yet finished. Just share it in whatever state it’s in. If it makes you feel any better, I went through this program in 2020, and my team is still working on our project :smile:. So please don’t feel intimidated about sharing if you’re not yet finished. For everyone who can attend, please come prepared for some sharing! I look forward to seeing you next week!

3 Likes

Looking forward to it!

2 Likes

Hello @june21-cohort, some folks have reported having issues with the Zoom link for today. Here’s an updated link: Launch Meeting - Zoom

1 Like

Hello, @june21-cohort! Thanks to all who were able to attend our final session this week. It was great to celebrate your successes, and I’m really excited to see where your work goes from here.

For anyone who was unable to attend, I’d like you to ask you to please share links to or screenshots of your current work, regardless of whether it’s fully completed. Also, give us a brief summary of:

• 1-3 things that you’ve taken out of the TSP
  • parts of your project that you are particularly proud of/excited about
  • next/final steps for your project
  • anticipated official launch (where/how this will be communicated. If shared with Rebus, we can amplify!)
  • anticipated first time teaching with the resource
  • anticipated future revisions

As you get to the point of officially releasing your projects, I encourage you to revisit the slides and handout from session 11. I also encourage you to revisit your project homepages and make any necessary updates since those are outward-facing promotion opportunities that your teams will always have access to. In the coming weeks, your names will be added to the list of graduates on the Rebus website.

We also have a final evaluation survey for you to fill out about your experience in the Textbook Success Program. Please fill this out, as it will help us to make continued improvements to the program. You’ll also notice a question that asks if you’re interested in the possibility of being a Rebus facilitator in the future. I’d be happy to tell you more about my experience as a facilitator if this is something you’re considering.

Thank you all for the opportunity to work with you over this past year! It’s hard to believe that so much time has gone by this fast. I’m really proud of all that you’ve achieved, and I hope that you are too! You’ve accomplished so much and managed to do so on top of everything else that you’re doing in your careers and personal lives. Please take the opportunity to celebrate your successes! I look forward to seeing you continue to make your mark in the open education community, and I encourage you to present about your work in any venues that are relevant to you. One that you might want to consider is the annual Open Education Conference. It’ll be a virtual conference this year, so no travel is required. The call for proposals closes May 27. If you’d like some additional suggestions for presenting about your projects, please don’t hesitate to ask.

You can continue to reach me through the Rebus forum, but you can also email me at mcgeary@psu.edu. I hope our paths cross again (especially in person!). Don’t be a stranger!

Take care,
Bryan

1 Like
  • 1-3 things that you’ve taken out of the TSP
  • how to structure a project with many variables
  • how to create roles within an OER project
  • accountability!
  • parts of your project that you are particularly proud of/excited about
  • launching the tutor-specific teacher manual this spring, which was a great success!
  • next/final steps for your project
  • developing new content over summer that focuses on more programmatic aspects of teacher training, based on lessons learned this semester
  • anticipated official launch (where/how this will be communicated. If shared with Rebus, we can amplify!)
  • we are already using the materials with our current team of instructors and tutors, will continue to do so
  • anticipated first time teaching with the resource
  • already using certain pieces, will launch new pieces in fall!
  • anticipated future revisions
  • will continue to grow and revise based on lessons learned each semester

Thank you to Bryan and the whole team!

2 Likes

Congratulations to everyone in the cohort! I so look forward to seeing how your journeys in open education continue to evolve. Thank you all for your time and commitment to this program and our cohort conversations, and to Bryan for his supportive guidance throughout! :smiley:

1 Like