Monthly Check-ins

Hi @oct19-cohort, a huge thank you to so many of you for joining our check-in last Friday. It was really nice to see everyone on the call, and spend a bit of time chatting about where each project is at. I also appreciated the community moment with questions & answers, and the feedback about our mini-session on formatting workflows. :pray:t5:

Next month’s topic

@dannick suggested we chat about print-on-demand at next month’s check-in on July 10. Would this be of interest to everyone else? Is there something else you’d like us to discuss? Let me know in the next few weeks.

@wentworth, I’m sure you will have lots to say about POD, so let me know if you’re open to collaborating on this mini-session.

Recap

The mini-session is probably best broken down in the example formatting workflow that I put together, so I encourage you all to look at that and let me know if you have any questions. We also managed to see a sneak-peek of the Open Pedagogy project, brainstorm ideas for formatting multiple appendixes, and get some input on copyediting (generally and with LaTeX books).

Chat Transcript & Resources

As usual, I’ve saved a copy of the chat transcript for reference. Below is a list of the resources shared on the call, plus a few additions I’ve put together in response to questions asked: