MyOpenMath Course Edits - Post QM Review

@gbradley @pghimire @csingl1001 @karen.perilloux

Edits made in MyOpenMath course:

• Chapter folders have assignments ordered by Sections from Pressbook
    o Ginny posted in Rebus about edits needed to still be made to assignments

• Chapter Tests made into Quizzes
    o Look through all of them to remove/add questions.
    o Especially since there was rearrangement of sections into Chapters

• Exams 1, Midterm, Exam 2, Exam 3
    o The assignment links are created, in Exams folder, just need questions to go in them.

• Final Exam kept as is – only Chapters 3 – 7

• Still need to remove some content that is not needed.
    o Folders – A Note to Instructors, Start Here, and Deleted Items

Still To-Do:

1. Export Quiz and Exam assignment links into Moodle Course
    • Changes to questions and instructions can still be made after they get imported.

2. Settle on instructions on assignments (Homework, Quizzes, and Exams)
    • In Settings on assignments in MyOpenMath:
    a. Summary – What they see when they click on them in the LMS
    b. Intro/Instructions – What they see after they open them
    • Should we just leave these blank and give directions to adopting faculty on how to edit?
    • This can be done with a mass change.

Hi Jared,

I will take care of the following items in MyOpenMath course:

• Chapter folders have assignments ordered by Sections from Pressbook
    o Ginny posted in Rebus about edits needed to still be made to assignments
  • Chapter Tests made into Quizzes
    o Look through all of them to remove/add questions.
    o Especially since there was rearrangement of sections into Chapters
  • Exams 1, Midterm, Exam 2, Exam 3
    o The assignment links are created, in Exams folder, just need questions to go in them.
  • Final Exam kept as is – only Chapters 3 – 7
  • Still need to remove some content that is not needed.
    o Folders – A Note to Instructors, Start Here, and Deleted Items

Still To-Do:

1. Export Quiz and Exam assignment links into Moodle Course
    • Changes to questions and instructions can still be made after they get imported.

Maybe someone needs to take care of the #2 of your “Still To-Do” list.

Thank you for replying Prakash.

If you think that you need assistance with doing all of those, please let @gbradley @karen.perilloux and @csingleton take a few of the edits.

I can do the export of the links into Moodle (#1 on the Still To-Do List).

Also, after giving it some thought, and talking with other cohorts, I think leaving the settings and instructions for the assignments as they are, and just giving directions to adopting faculty on how to change these might be the easiest option. That would take care of #2 on the Still To-Do List.

@pghimire ,
Please let me know if you need me to take a chapter or two off your plate in the MyOpenMath course.

@jeusea, @gbradley, @karen.perilloux, @csingleton: I edited the course in MyOpenMath. Please review it when you get a chance, and feel free to make make necessary changes. Here is a list of edits that I made:

• HW Assignments: 2.1 - removed questions with two variables, 4.1 - Added questions with two variables, 6.7- Removed the existing questions and added a new set.

• Quizzes: Edidted all Quizzes 1-6 ( removed/added some questions), time limit for each quiz is 60 minutes, one attempt per question, have three (3) attempts at each quiz but will be penalized 10% on 2nd attempt and 20% on 3rd attempt, the best score will be counted, quizzes are auto-graded, work upload is not required but if you all think it is required, we may ask students to do it.

• Exams: Created exam 1 ( ch 1 & 2), exam 2 ( ch 3) , exam 3 ( ch 4 & 5), and midterm exam ( ch 1, 2, & 3), time limit for each exam is 75 minutes, only one attempt, exams are auto-graded, work upload is not required but if you all think it is required, we may ask students to do it.

• Final Exam: Changed the title of the existing final exam to Final Exam version 1 and added questions from Chapter 2, work upload is required for this version, time limit is 4 hours; created final exam version 2 ( ch 2-6), work upload is not required for this version, time limit is 2 hours for this version, only one attempt and auto-graded

• Start Here folder: Created a " To Delete??" folder. If I am not wrong, we had decided to keep only the “Intro Quiz” in the " Start Here folder," so I moved the “Math questions” and “Course Questions” forums to the " To Delete??" folder. Also moved the “A Note to Instructors” folder to the " To Delete??" folder.

1 Like

@gbradley @karen.perilloux @jeusea Hi Team,

I reviewed MyOpen Math HW, Quizzes, Final Exam, and Start Here folder. Looks great!

Please let me know if I can assist!

Thank you,