Phase 2 Session 3: Licensing Wednesday, December 20 2:00 p.m

@june23-cohort,
Thanks to all who were able to attend today to learn more about Creative Commons licensing and Fair Use. I have linked to several resources that we reviewed together.

1. Creative Commons Certificate Course 2024 Registration Information
  2. Short introduction video about Creative Commons licenses.
  3. A handout that explains the elements of Creative Commons licenses and how they operate.
  4. Charts that show you how adaptations and remixes of Creative Commons licensed works affect the overall licensing and openness of the work.
  5. A Rebus Pressbooks resource for Creative Commons licenses
  6. Pressbooks Guide to Fair Use (I also showed you how I was using fair use exceptions in Critical Worlds
  7. A CC license chooser
  8. A student OER contribution form that includes questions about licensing
  9. A tracking sheet for images and media (make sure you keep track of any licenses for works you are using!)
  10. Traditional Knowledge (TK) License information–these are not yet available for use, but I wanted to mention them.

Please let me know if you have any questions!

We discussed moving our meetings to the second Wednesday of each month. Our schedule will look like this:

• Monthly 1:1 with your facilitator: January 10 2024, 1:00-2:30 pm ET
  • Group check-in: February 7 2024, 1:00-2:30 pm ET
  • Monthly 1:1 with your facilitator: March 13 2024, 1:00-2:30 pm ET
  • Group check-in: April 10 2024, 1:00-2:30 pm ET
  • Monthly 1:1 with your facilitator: May 8 2024, 1:00-2:30 pm ET
  • Group check-in: June 12 2024, 1:00-2:30 pm ET (final meeting for the course)

Please let me know if you have any concerns about this schedule. I will ask @kaitlin to update our calendar invites.

Have a wonderful and restful winter break! I look forward to seeing you all again in January!

Liza