Session 5 1:1 Facilitator Meetings

@MissyWatson-team @rebrivved @Adrian can you please sign up for your 1:1 facilitator session? We will meet for 15 minutes during our regularly scheduled time (Th 12:30-2:00). Here is a link to the Google Doc where you can sign up for your time. Please let me know if you have questions. I am looking forward to working with you this week!

@barbsyrrakos9 and @apiza can you please share the Google Doc link for your project summary to the 1:1 Meeting Spreadsheet? This is the document we worked with in Week Two (Project Scoping). Also, do you plan to have any support staff from CUNY attend our meeting? If you are working with someone on your project, it will be helpful to have that person attend our meeting as well. Please let me know if you have questions.

This week, you and I had the chance to meet 1:1 in your project teams. It’s so exciting to see these projects begin to take shape! In the discussions with your team or team representatives we talked about the following:

• Choosing the right platform to publish your OER depending on your project’s needs
  • Using your amazing support staff to help you locate existing OER resources
  • Creating a topic/chapter outline if you have not already done so. Consider using a spreadsheet where you can track the OER resources (and their licenses) and note additional needs (photos, multimedia, etc.)

Here are a few of the resources Joerdis and I shared today:

I also shared my own book to demonstrate how our spreadsheet translated into Pressbooks parts and chapters (look at the Table of Contents): Write What Matters – Simple Book Publishing

As we are about to embark into the content creation, you can make sure you are set up to by checking off the following items on the list below:

• All team members are aware of their roles and responsibilities
  • You have set up collaborative space for team communication and content creation. A meeting time with your team members has been set up
  • You have advanced your project scoping and you documented the completed steps in your Project Summary
  • You created a Project Homepage (these all look good to me!)

Next session, we’ll reconvene as a cohort and talk about accessibility and inclusive design!

P.S. Here’s a link to our chat transcript.