Team Meet & Greet: Librarianship and Open Education in Idaho

Welcome to Librarianship and Open Education in Idaho!

Take a moment to tell us about yourself, why you’re interested in this project, and get to know your fellow team members. We look forward to working with you on this exciting project.

Hello! I’m Annie Gaines from the Idaho Commission for Libraries. Before this I was involved with OER at the University of Idaho.

I’m really looking forward to learning a ton and collaborating with all of you!

1 Like

Hi there! I’m Allison Floyd, also from the Idaho Commission for Libraries. OER has been on my radar since my days working in the Technical Services Department at Boise State, and we here at the ICfL are looking to further educate ourselves about and lend our support to this movement.

Go team!

2 Likes

Hey hey!

I am Elisabeth Shook, the new head of Scholarly Communications and Data Management at Boise State. In this role, I am working to figure out what role my very small department can play in OER adoption here at BSU.

I am really looking forward to working on this project with all of you!

2 Likes

Hi! I’m Tyler McLane from the Coeur d’Alene Public Library. My day-to-day responsibilities here primarily involve overseeing the day-to-day operations of the library, including a lot of people and project management. I’m also about to start my final quarter in the MLIS program at the University of Washington, which has been most of my exposure to OER. I’m eager to contribute in any way I can be useful, and am looking forward to working with you!

1 Like

Hey everyone!

I’m Ryan Randall, the Instruction Coordinator & Faculty Outreach Librarian at the College of Western Idaho. We have a growing interest in OER with our faculty here, and we’ve started an “OER Achievers” group to help keep that growth momentum going.

My only prior experience with OER is helping to make this Early American Serialized Novels project of texts and related materials for an ongoing project at ISU. I do have some experience with :unlock: OA stuff, though, mostly through working as the web editor for In the Library with the Lead Pipe for the last few years.

I’m really excited to work on open materials with everyone. Go team :potato: :bangbang:

1 Like