December Monthly Group Check-In (June 2022 Cohort)

Hello, @june22-cohort! Our December monthly meeting is tomorrow (12/20) from 3:30-4:30 Eastern/2:30-3:30 Central. You should have received a calendar invitation (including a Zoom link) for the meeting. Please let me know if you haven’t received this.

This month we will be meeting as a full cohort, and I’d like to dedicate a portion of our session to the topic of licensing. A number of teams had questions or challenges pertaining to this topic during our 1:1 meetings in November. Please come to the session prepared to discuss the CC license you’ve chosen (or are thinking of choosing) for your OER and why you chose it. Or if you’re still very uncertain about what license you might use, please come prepared to discuss why you’re unsure and what factors of your project are making this decision challenging. In advance of our session tomorrow, please share any initial questions you have about licensing by replying to this thread.

Please let me know if you have any questions. See you tomorrow!

Good Afternoon,

I am supposed to be the liaison to our meeting today and I now have a sick kiddo that I have to take to the doctor’s office. Please accept my apologies for the last-minute change of plans and absence.

Best,
Claire

No worries @cemummert! I hope your kid feels better soon. Take care, and I hope you have a great holiday break!

Hi @june22-cohort! Thanks for a great session today. We got to see demonstrations of two projects (one in Pressbooks and one in LibreTexts) from our cohort, thanks to @AlbertFlavier and @vvgreen. We also talked a bit about what decisions teams have made (or have yet to make) about licensing. I shared a resource created by another Rebus facilitator (Jonathan Poritz) that has two charts that can be helpful to refer to as you consider license compatibility.

Next month we will switch back to 1:1 meetings rather than a full cohort meeting, Please use this form to sign up for a time slot. If none of the available times work for you, let me know so that we can arrange a different meeting date/time. In preparation for those meetings, please respond to this thread with any goals you have for yourselves for the next month and any challenges that you’re facing (or anticipate facing).

I know everyone is juggling a lot of responsibilities at this time of the year, so please try not to stress too much if you’ve fallen a little behind on your schedule for your project. There will be time to catch up. I hope you all have a restful and refreshing break. I look forward to seeing you all in the new year! Take care!