Phase 2: Session 5 Meeting - October 2022A Cohort

Hi @oct22-a-cohort

Hope you are all wrapped up and enjoying commencement season :slight_smile: A reminder that our monthly meeting is this Friday 6/2 from 10-11am. The zoom link is posted below and should be in your calendars as well.

Looking forward to your updates and discussing your progress!


Join Zoom Meeting

Meeting ID: 896 3148 8707
Passcode: 531417
One tap mobile
+16699006833,89631488707#,*531417# US (San Jose)
+16892781000,89631488707#,*531417# US

Dial by your location
+1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
+1 689 278 1000 US
+1 719 359 4580 US
+1 253 205 0468 US
+1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
+1 301 715 8592 US (Washington DC)
+1 305 224 1968 US
+1 309 205 3325 US
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
+1 360 209 5623 US
+1 386 347 5053 US
+1 507 473 4847 US
+1 564 217 2000 US
+1 646 876 9923 US (New York)
+1 646 931 3860 US
+1 669 444 9171 US
Meeting ID: 896 3148 8707
Passcode: 531417
Find your local number: Zoom International Dial-in Numbers - Zoom

Hi @oct22-a-cohort — Stacy will unfortunately not be able to make tomorrow’s session, but I will be taking over for the day. For those of you who don’t know me: hello! I’m Apurva, Executive Director at Rebus and long-time TSP facilitator. I’ve had the privilege of working with Stacy, Ching-jung, and many others in the CUNY system, and have been excitedly watching from afar as you all have made progress on your projects.

Tomorrow, as planned, Maritsa will share her work with the cohort so we can offer our feedback. We’ll also make sure to update one another on goals and updates from the past month, including whether any of those conference proposals were accepted. I’ll also ask you to complete the sign up sheet for the 1:1s for the next meeting with Stacy on July 7.

Talk soon!

@oct22-a-cohort Thanks for letting me chat with you all at last Friday’s session! It was a real treat for me to learn about your projects and see the ideas you have for ways to make these books more equitable.

We didn’t get a chance to hear from @rcastro-mcgowan and @bridgetalepore as you both had to step away a bit early. Can you possibly drop a quick update here in the forum letting us know where you are with your projects? Are you facing any challenges? Are you particularly excited about a milestone?

Quick Summary

  • Maritsa walked us through the Table of Contents/Outline for her OER and got a lot of feedback from the cohort!
  • Ann Marie is planing to create an edited compendium with contributing authors. She plans to put out a call for authors soon which we can all share in our networks.
  • Jennifer has organized her readings and outline of chapters, and will spend some time determining what platform to use. While she didn’t get accepted to the Open Ed Conference, it was still helpful to get into the habit of talking about the project!
  • Janelle noted that she has more free time over the summer to support the project work — as we saw, she is chockfull of great tips and suggestions so please do loop her into your project discussions.
  • Julie, Jennifer, and Ann Marie are planning to meet regularly to co-work over the summer - if you want to join, get in touch!
  • Bridget and Regina will post a quick update for us here so we can learn more about what they are up to!
  • The next meeting is on July 7 and Jennifer/Ann Marie will coordinate to potentially share their outline with the group. I’ll note that you could also walk through 1 chapter and show off the different pedagogical devices and structure that you have designed. This could be especially helpful as you are all turning to the next stage of writing.

Resources/Links Shared


Hi @oct22-a-cohort!

It looks like you had a wonderful session with the amazing @apurva. I’m so sorry I was unable to make it and am really grateful to @apurva and Rebus for their flexibility and ability to seamlessly step in so that you were still able to meet.

It sounds like @mporos received helpful feedback and that everyone is moving forward on their projects.

Our next session is July 7th and these are our 1:1 meetings. Please pick a time on the sign up sheet.

I look forward to hearing more about your progress - especially now that the semester has ended and we are past commencement. Please be in touch with me, Janelle, or Julia with any questions or post thoughts or questions in the forum. You can ask for feedback at any time - it doesn’t have to wait for a meeting :slight_smile:

Looking forward to July 7th,

1 Like

Hi all,

Just a reminder to sign up for our 1:1 sessions on 7/7. Here is the sign up sheet.

Hope you all are doing well!