Recap from June Meetings and editing requirements:
o Add Learning Objectives to the top of the sections – Pulled from Skills (toward bottom of section)
o Move Algebra refresher to the top (this is toward the bottom of the section); use correct colored box.
o Make Heading 1 titles for the Table of Contents to pick-up.
o Consistency on colored textboxes throughout the text
o Drop-down Solution for all Examples and Checkpoints
o Donna is sending links to videos she is creating – add them to the content in your Chapter where they belong: algebra refresher, checkpoints, exercises, and chapter review.
o Move things out of the sections into new Chapters:
- Chapter Review (already should be out)
- Section Exercises
- Chapter Review Problems
- Make defined terms using the glossary function – put throughout the sections.
- Definitions can be used from what is already in the content or made from scratch – pulled from other OER resource?
- Vocabulary parts (toward bottom of section) can have these defined terms as well.
o Add H5P – these can be simple!
o Add to Adaptations Page in Back Matter.
Timeline to finish these? I would really like to have this list done 95-100% by the next time we meet on 7/17.
Earlier in the project, all cohorts voted on the following list of items to go in the Front and Back Matter of the text. See below. We discussed if anyone was still adamant about any of these items.
• How to use the book (for students or instructors)
• List of tables, illustrations, abbreviations, etc.
• Copyright page
o Ancillary Learning Materials (eg: exercise solutions)
o About the Contributors
o Licensing and Attribution Information
o Review statement
o Accessibility Assessment
o Version History
I found out from LOUIS that the one requirement right now is the Adaptation page.
Other discussion: (Will talk more about this next week.)
• Front Matter and Colophon – from original text
• Appendix in Back Matter – Blank
• We are keeping the Glossary and Adaptations in the Back Matter – these were created by us.
• Can we use the “Trig Answers to Selected Exercises” from the website text?