Reviewing Chapter 5 - for Ginny

@gbradley
Hi Ginny,

I know you are reviewing Chapter 5 and I wanted to let you about some known details:

It took me a while to warm up to using latex in H5P, so the first sections have mostly word based problems. I created better quality H5P in the later sections. I might go back and add extra or change the earlier sections H5P now that I know more.

5.1 I fixed all of the Figure 1-16 images in the Pressbooks library for section 5.1 and I really think they are correct now. Please let me know if you see anything wrong.

5.2 The blue exercise box ends too early and does not include the REAL WORLD problems in blue. I know it’s an easy fix, but I can’t find the code that closes the box too early.
5.2 There is a large table before figure 7 and I don’t like the way the columns are aligned. The third column needs to be wider so the graphs can be bigger. I spent a lot of time on this and can’t seem to fix it. It looks much better in the source book we are copying from.

If you see anything highlighted in yellow, it is something that I wanted to go back and fix (I’m pretty sure I resolved all of these except for those 2 things on section 5.2.)

I will be on vacation from 7/21-7/29 so I will have limited internet access during that time.

Thanks for all your help!

Karen,
I was able to fix the blue box in 5.2 and also adjust the table to make the graph slightly bigger.
The images in Sections 5.1-5.3 looked good. I did ALL the images in 5.4 and 5.5.
I did the review for 5.6, but let me know when you have completed the images so I can complete my review.

Thanks Ginny! I am back in town, so I can continue working. I’ll be working on uploading the images for Section 5.6. and saving the annotations. Thanks for all the help you gave on 5.5 as well!
After the images I"ll start to check if the exercises follow the new outline.

Karen I just finished reviewing Chapter 5 including the chapter review and practice test. I found the images on the practice test you had highlighted in Precalculus. I have finished those images as well. I think all you have left to complete in 5.6

FYI, I found some of the images I was looking for in the Answer section of the OpenStax test book under the TryIts.

Great. I’m working on 5.6 now. I wish I could have finished it before I went out of town, because now everything is looking different. I’m trying to get back into a groove and get it finished tonight. I will let you know when it’s done.

OK. I just finished all of the image attributions for 5.6. Please let me know if I am doing anything wrong since I’m about to start editing the next chapter. Thanks for all of your extra help with this!

Hey Karen,

The attributions in 5.6 look good. There were a couple of the Try It graphics that didn’t have the image address link, but I found the image address and added it to the Media library and the pressbook.

Thanks for adding the address links.

I did not check the section exercises and practice to test to make sure I deleted problems from the skipped section. Did you already do this?

Yes, I believe I deleted those problems from the review and test.
But you can always verify my work!

1 Like