Reviewing Chapter 6 - Cynthia

@csingleton Hi Cynthia,
I am still reviewing your Chapter and there are numerous images that have not been brought in to the Openstax library. They are still hosted on Amazon Web services and will not appear in the book once it goes live. The quickest way to find them: When you are editing, go to the Text (HTML) tab instead of visual. Then do a find (CTRL +F) and search for amazon. This will get you to all of the images that need to be re-uploaded. I spent the past 2 weeks doing this to my 160+ images for Unit 5. :grimacing: And then the attributions need to be completed so they show up automatically at the bottom of the page.
I began to re-upload almost all of the figures for your unit 6, but I have now discovered that there are so many more that I won’t have time to get to quickly. I will continue editing in the meantime.

@karen.perilloux Hi Karen,
Work is underway for uploading figures, images, and others into the Openstax library. There are at least 180 items to upload to Openstax for Unit 6. I will change the figure’s size to standard. Some of the figures and others are untitled. We can discuss this in the Cohort meeting tomorrow. I am finding the same situation in other Units. I have found three more Openstax e-books (Algebra, Precalculus, and College Algebra).

I hope to finish uploading the figures and others by the end of next week. I need to know what to do with the untilted items. I want to be on the same page with others.

Hi Cynthia, @csingleton
After a very busy start to the semester, I am getting back to work editing Unit 6. I have closed all of the Show Solution boxes for the entire chapter.
There are still some images in section 6.1 that are hosted on Amazon that I’m sure you already know about. I fixed a few missing less than signs and a missing % sign.
In section 6.2 there is a purple box after Table 6 that needs to be redone. The light purple outline is there, but the darker purple Heading part is missing. I tried to fix it, but I don’t know how. I’m sure it would be an easy fix for somebody who’s good at this.
I’m going on to section 6.3 and keep you updated on anything I can’t fix.

Feel free to contact me if any of this is not clear!
Karen

Hi Cynthia!

I messaged you through the Rebus forum earlier this week about the sections I’ve been editing. Today I edited section 6.6 and I fixed any mistakes I found (mainly centering and typing less than in latex \lt), but there were 2 things I couldn’t fix.

H5p #135 is giving the wrong answer. I’m certain it should be 0.
I’m sure you know the second issue. Table 1 should be a problem worked out, probably with a latex array. I don’t know how to fix it, but if nobody in the cohort can, maybe Elizabeth Kelly can do it. After this is no longer a table, table 2 will need to be renumbered.

I’ll try to get to section 6.7 soon. I never expected to be so far behind on my editing, but this semester has been a busy one for me with 3 new preps.

By the way, your chapter looks great! I’m sure typing all of the logs was time consuming. Great job!!!

@karen.perilloux Hi, Karen,

Midterm grades were due last week. A Real Busy Time!

There are no 6.1 Amazon images in the Pressbooks.
6.1 old images were not removed from the Media Library. Please be more specific.

6.2 We will need assistance to fix the table.

6.5 H5P #135
Use the change-of-base formula to evaluate each expression as a quotient of natural logs. Use a calculator to approximate each to four decimal places.
log₂(0.1) = ln(0.1) / ln(2)
Now, let us calculate it using a calculator:
ln(0.1) ≈ -2.3026
ln(2) ≈ 0.6931
Now, divide ln(0.1) by ln(2):
-2.3026 / 0.6931 ≈ -3.3219 (rounded to four decimal places)
The answer is not 0.
The answer is -3.3219.

6.6 The word Table 1 and lines were removed. Someone needs to use a Latex array to correct the appearance of the problem. There was a change from Table 1 to Table 2.

Great Edits!

@karen.perilloux @csingleton: I have fixed the dark purple heading missing issue after Table 6 in section 6.2 and the latex issue in the “Using the One-to-One Property of Logarithms to Solve Logarithmic Equations” subsection of section 6.6. Please review my edits and let me know if you have any questions.

@pghimire, @karen.perilloux:

The corrections for 6.2 and 6.6 looks great.

Thank you, Prakash and Karen!

I have finished editing all of Chapter 6 and there are only 3 things that I cannot fix (all h5p)

h5p #148 is wrong. I’m not sure if you meant to put ln on both sides and use the 1-1 property to get 9. The problem as is would be (e^27)/3 but not e^9.

h5p #138 does not have the correct answer selected.

h5p #89 has a lot of extra space in it, which may be an accessibility issue. I’m not sure how it would look on a smaller screen.

You did a wonderful job on this chapter! Great work.