Monthly Check-In: December 2021 (June 2021 Cohort)

Hello, @june21-cohort! Just a reminder that our last monthly check-in for 2021 will be on Tuesday, December 14 at 1:00 p.m. Eastern. Please your goals from our November Check-In thread and come prepared to provide an update as well as any questions or concerns that you have. If you’re unable to attend, please provide an update on your project’s progress in this thread. And if there’s anything that’s already on your mind, please feel free to mention it here prior to the meeting as well.

1 Like

Hi all, I’m sorry that I won’t be able to join tomorrow. It’s our final class at the prison and we’ve organized a big graduation celebration for all the students - it just happens to coincide with our Dec. check-in.

We’ve made a lot of progress on the OER training, developing new modules and adding in instructor feedback. We are hoping to finalize a draft in early spring. The meeting with the on-campus OER librarian was postponed until the new year, but I have high hopes for this new collaboration.

Happy new year to all!

2 Likes

Hello everyone- Sorry I now have college Zoom about next term tomorrow & will miss our meeting. In the meantime, work advances and project continues to gather interest & support. Have ongoing OER consult on some tech issues, including design; and heard good news from partners in disAbility community about contributing to text. Will be able to Zoom meet next year! Much joy!

Best wishes for a safe & healthy 2022 for all- peace, Pat S-C

1 Like

Congrats to the graduates, and to all you teachers! Let us know how the celebration goes. :smiley:

It sounds like you’re making great progress — I’d love to learn more about the instructor feedback piece.

No worries, Pat. I’m glad you have some support on those tech issues and that there is interest in collaborators to contribute to the text!

Hello, @june21-cohort! Apologies for the delay in my follow-up post. I hope you all were able to get some rest over the holidays. Even with rest, it often takes some time to get back into the swing of things. Thanks to those who were able to make it to our session last month. There were lots of great updates, and I’m pleased to see that everyone is making progress. Here’s the chat transcript from the session. For those who weren’t there (or were but have since forgotten), I want to highlight that we discussed the possibility of restructuring some of our upcoming sessions to offer more one-on-one support for your projects. For example, we could perhaps replace some of the monthly check-in sessions with something like office hours where each team could meet with me and Apurva to get more tailored guidance on their projects. Be on the lookout for more information about this once we get all of the details worked out. In the meantime, please be sure to post goals for yourselves in this thread in advance of our next meeting. I hope all is well with you!

2 Likes

Yes, happy new year, everyone! Stay tuned for more news about how the monthly check-ins will be restructured to better support you all. In the meantime, do let us know how your break has been, and of course, yours goals for the month and if there’s any urgent assistance you need on your projects. :smiley:

Goals for Jan. 18:

1. Meeting with Tami, Matthew & Michael to finalize course audience & outline
  2. Populate new chapters with existing curriculum
  3. Find a graphic designer!
2 Likes

Goals for February:

1. Embed Google Slides into Pre, Prod & Post Chapters
  2. Find Graphic Designer!
  3. Script Video #1 and send draft to Michael.
2 Likes

Goals until next meeting

1. Finalize one chapter, include equations, figures, exercises, and H5P.
  2. Reconnect with collaborator and set goals
  3. Invite additional contributors
  4. Identify paths for finding reviewers
2 Likes

Maybe I still posted it in the wrong place… re-posting here just in case…

Goals for January / February

1. Recalibrate after the loss of a team member who went on leave
  2. Connect with Pressbooks at the University
  3. Team discussion - pivot to PEI or keep OBB? – can explain during meeting :slight_smile:
  4. Start test-driving some of the pieces with new teachers / tutors who joined the OBB team this semester
1 Like