Phase 2: May Group Check-In (October 2022 B Cohort)

Hey @oct22-b-cohort,

Looking forward to seeing you all tomorrow! For this session, each team will have an opportunity to share a link/share screen to a completed or new chapter OR Moodle module. The choice is up to each team. When sharing, slowly scroll and explain each area or section. Then we’ll open the floor for feedback on the team’s chapter or module from the rest of the groups.

Reminder that next month’s session in June will be a 1:1 (20 minutes) with your groups. Here is a sign-up sheet for that meeting block that works with your team. If none of these times work for your teams, please let me know and we can find a time that works better for everyone.

In July, our cadence will move to a weekly meeting with each session having a different focus: review and feedback, formatting, release and adoption, and reflections.

And finally, for a reminder of general due dates, here is a link to the Milestones document with global deadlines.

See y’all tomorrow!

Kaitlin

Happy Friday @oct22-b-cohort ,

Thanks so much for a great session today! It was nice seeing you all and getting a chance to see all the hard work your teams have put in on your projects - y’all should be very proud! Below is a brief breakdown of what each team spoke about:

Finite Math team - Between all of the LaTeX coding, formatting and working with the content, and work around getting images into your book - the amount of work y’all have done is amazing! RE: images - while it is a tedious effort, I think the practice of downloading an image and re-uploading into your Pressbooks media library is the best way to go about the images.

College Algebra team - The book is really starting to come to life! Consider putting your H5P activities into a coloured textbox to have them stand out a bit more. I am still looking into your table of content issues and hope to have an answer for you before our June touch base!

Calculus team - your team mentioned that you still need to add objectives to your chapters and would like to add more activities. Aside from that, your resource is really taking shape!

Intro to Stats team - your team noted that you’re in the process of removing the glossary at the end of each chapter and utilizing the Pressbooks glossary, which is looking great!

Emily will chat with Elizabeth about some of your specific Pressbooks questions (including how to create that drop down button feature we saw in the College Algebra text). Here is a link to the chat from today’s session.

Reminder that next month’s session in June will be a 1:1 (20 minutes) with your groups. Here is a sign-up sheet for that meeting block that works with your team. If none of these times work for your teams, please let me know and we can find a time that works better for everyone.

In July, our cadence will move to a weekly meeting with each session having a different focus:

Friday, July 7 - 10am - 11am CDT: Review and Feedback
Friday, July 14 - 10am - 11am CDT: Formatting and Release Preparation
Friday, July 21 - 10am - 11am CDT: Release and Adoptions
Friday, July 28 - 10am - 11am CDT Curriculum Wrap-Up

After July, we’ll go back to our monthly cadence with 3 final meetings. Here’s a link to the syllabus if anyone wants more details.

Over the next month, I hope everyone is able to pause and take some time for themselves after a hectic semester! If anyone has any questions or runs into any issues this month, don’t hesitate to reach out.

@karen.perilloux, @pghimire, @csingleton, @emily.frank , @kaitlin
Hey everyone,
@jeusea and I were playing around with appearance in Pressbooks. The aggravating ‘+’ and ‘-’ has been resolved and table of content restored. :tada:

4 Likes

@gbradley - amazing news! So happy to hear it’s been resolved - may I ask how you got it fixed?

Under Appearance > Theme Options > Web Options, uncheck the box “Collapse sections within front matter, chapters, and back matter.”

1 Like

Hey @kaitlin -

I took the liberty on signing the remaining groups up for the June 1:1 sessions.

Here are the times:

June 23, 2023: 10:00am - 10:20am, Finite Math

June 23, 2023: 10:20am - 10:40am, Trigonometry

June 23, 2023: 10:40am - 11:00am, Applied Calculus

June 23, 2023: 11:00am - 11:20am, College Algebra

June 23, 2023: 11:20am - 11:40am, Statistics

1 Like

amazing - thanks @jeusea !